Get Into A Routine
As humans we are creatures of habit. We tend to like to stick to pre-established routines and straying from that routine can cause unwanted stress. Having a routine helps to keep you focused and in tune with your work. Conversely, not having a routine or set pattern can lead to chaos, missed deadlines, and panic.
Sticking to a routine can help you build your blogging consistency and is also a great way to stay on track towards meeting the goals you have set.
My Daily Routine
- Log onto my blogs and check to make sure that they posted without issue.
- Check the traffic to the blogs from the day before.
- Check referral data to find any incoming links from fellow bloggers.
- Read any comments that I have not already seen.
- Reply to comments as needed.
- View all the blog posts of blogs in my blogroll.
- Leave relevant comments on these blogs and any links to similar posts I have written.
- Send out a Twitter tweet on new posts 3 times a day. Auto-tweet in morning when posts go live, then manually in the afternoon and evening (to reach more foreign traffic). Follow me at @SSmith0911
- Research and work up new posts as needed and set to auto-post.
- Engage comments left throughout the rest of the day.
- Submit excellent cornerstone posts to article marketing sites as needed.
- Comment on forums on relevant topics leaving links as appropriate.
- Make sure to have a pad of paper in my back pocket throughout the day for making notes and saving post ideas.
Sticking to this routine daily does pay off in the long run, as I am engaging my comments and leaving comments on other blogs and forums to help drive new traffic to my sites.
Do you have a routine that you follow daily?